Hi all, well, after a fun week spent in the lovely state of Florida,
Ulises and I are in Spain, the birthplace of Conquistadors, Sangria,
and the Siesta. It was a rough day of air travel from Miami to Philly
to Madrid; I can honestly say we experienced the heights of US Airways
hospitality. Between the "packed like sardines" feeling that you
always get with an extended coach flight, the surly service by the
stewards (seriously if you say you accept $5 or 5Euro, then what does
it matter if someone pays in both?), to the realization that booze is
not free on international flights, only the nausea inducing acid bomb
penne arrabiatta with a side of cheddar cheese, pasta salad, and a 70%
organic cookie - I think plastic is 70% organic - are free…as is the
digestive hell that comes with them.
Anywho, after landing in Madrid we took the metro to the Sol section
of the city, to try and track down our hotel. For having 45 lbs on
our backs and 1 hour of sleep between us both, I think we did pretty
well. After a café con leche, we went to the Palacio Real to look at
some armor, art, and some incredible huge buildings. Just up from a 4-
hour nap and getting ready for dinner here, hopefully our first real
food in 24 hours!
3 comments:
How beautiful! The tulips are spectacular. If I had't zoomed the pic,never would have known that the 1/4inch high figure, left center was Tamani. Are you sure you didn't sneak Adia with you? That person with backpack has her hair!!! LOVE< M.Dad checks blog every am at work.
So that wasn't you in the photo with the tulips in the background? My eyesight is worse than I thought. Six whiting today. Thinking of last weekend, wishing you all were still here. Be careful and have fun, you look tired. LOVE, M & D 11pm 4.5.08
Your flight sounds like a dream. Seriously, is that all they got? No cancelled flight? No missed connections due to their own incompetence? Wow, you must have paid extra for the flight.
I heard the Spanish burn heretics, so keep a low profile, okay? I don't want you to be burned. Also, in Europe they don't use deodorant at all. Just a heads-up.
-Allen
Post a Comment