Monday, March 31, 2008

Sunstroke and Sheepshead


Ulises and I just got back to Miami from visiting the Davis clan up in Ormond Beach, FL. We went on the official Davis Family outing, pier fishing off the Seabreeze Pier in Daytona. We got in a full day of immersion in the Daytona Bch. Spring Break culture, which included fresh sea air, tons of sun, the thumping bass from the tricked out auto audio show down the beach, and catching a few fish as well.


After losing about 10 fiddler crabs by prematurely reeling in the line, and not setting the hook, I finally followed my mom's advice and caught not one, but TWO sheepshead (also known as convict fish due to their ability to steal your bait, and their striped prisoner coverall fashion sense).


Check out this silly video for some fish catching action, and here's a picture of Ulises and I with all we will carry for the next 8 months!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

To bad the video didn't go for a few more seconds. The sheepshead said "WHATEVER!!!!" He ended up going to Miami for dinner at the Chio's. I like this blog thing. Love you , Mom

Unknown said...

love the fish AB